- This event has passed.
Community Conversation: Forming a BC Neurodiversity Affirmative Inclusive Education Advocacy Organization
May 15, 2022 @ 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM PDT
Join like-minded BC-based neurodiversity affirmative families and allies for a facilitated conversation around forming a new education advocacy organization. Forming a new organization is a massive undertaking, but it has become clear that we need a province-wide organization that is focused on advocating for the needs of ND-affirming families in the educational realm.
Some questions we will explore:
- How might we design an organization focused on ND affirmative educational advocacy?
- What structure might this organization take?
- What might the mission of this organization be?
- What might the vision of this organization be?
- What beliefs and values might this organization hold?
- What might the leadership of this organization look like?
- Who needs to be part of this conversation who might not be seeing this call for engagement?
All are welcome. If you cannot make the call, there is also an online form you can fill out to send your thoughts and ideas around the above questions. Fill the feedback form out HERE.
- Zoom accessibility features will be enabled
- Chat will be actively used and monitored
- Participate according to your needs (camera off, mute, take breaks, elect for no breakout groups etc.)
- Please reach out to the event organizer for any accessibility needs at [email protected]
Jenn Scharf, BEd, MA